Friday, February 04, 2005

No broken vases...

Just a quick note to tell you (just in case you were wondering) that no - nobody's broken any vases on my head (yet... BUT there's still time!) and that I'm STILL here. As in: No, I haven't made my way to a non-extradition country, Alaska or outerspace. he he!

Had a nice coffee with L yesterday after work at Cesar's, chatted a little, about men, and work, and life. And of course made plans for the weekend! yipee! TGIF!

And in totally unrelated news...

Earlier this week I was just checking my horoscope for tomorrow on ivillage.com This is something I do occasionally, just in case me and all the other people of my sign i.e. Scorpio (aka Beware) are destined to hit the lottery jackpot or receive a Ferrari or something of the sort. I'm not really into astrology, but hey there's no harm in checking! I mean - if i'm going to be saving the world tomorrow i should know, so i can keep my makeup bag handy, together with my black stilettos and sleek clutch bag, for when they interview me on Larry King. Or Xarabank. Or not.


Anyway, this is what my horoscope read:

Enough with the intrigue. It's time for openness -- and maybe a little shopping. Combine the two. Let someone know what you're up to, and then buy what you need.

Ok. So, NOW can you guess what I'm going to do?

Nah! Come on!

Ok... I'll tell you, but only because you asked so nicely! I'm going to log off the blog for today. Am clearly going to spend all night drawing up my wish list... Let's see where do I start...

Hang on there a second!

I know it's like a trick question... like the ones in Aesop's fables and the Grimms' fairytales which we were told when we were young. You rub the lamp and make three wishes and then... the sphynx / genie / whatever tricks you into wasting your wishes. Or even worse turns your wishes against you. Moral: be careful what you wish for, which reminds me of two utterly gripping short stories (slightly dark but still v good): The Bottle Imp and The Monkey's Paw. Moral: beware what you wish for... it just might come true!

Talking about reading, this weekend I hope to catch up with Hemingway's For Whom the Bell Tolls!

No comments: