Thursday, July 21, 2005

Something good, sometimes!

I have to, HAVE TO tell someone or I will just die grinning stupidly like this, with this impish expression on my face! I feel like a little child who's been up to no good! Not very becoming of a lady, I know!

And all because this morning, on the way into work, the object of self's affection wasn't sleepy-eyed at all but very chatty and alert and suave - holding a conversation of intellectual nature with self and using various tri-syllabic words! Self is obviously largely relieved to find that said gentleman has such a vast vocabulary - even it was really early in the morning.

Fortunately I was wearing my full-office-makeup (which differs largely from the full-party-evening-makeup, unless one is of course practising the oldest trade in the world, which self is not!) And I had colour coordinated accessories – blue today. (Don't worry, I am not at all over the pink phase and will NOT be switching the template of the blog to blue! Not yet, anyway!)

It is as though the powers that be have decided to make up for Monday! Yesss! Or perhaps it is the new very chic necklace I have, which is made of glass and beads and semi precious stones (all different shades of blue) which may have some very potent magical properties. Or maybe, just maybe he was just in a chatty mood!

And just to think that some ten minutes before meeting said gentleman, I was really grumpy, because:
A) It was too early in the morning to be going to work!
B) One of my exes has taken to parking his car in the same car park as me – which means that I meet him almost every morning. Has he no decency?
C) Some idiot had almost run me and my car onto a pavement on the Birkirkara bypass this morning!

Funny how some things can just flip your perspective round 180 degress!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Aaahaa very funny- and complements to your "SElF" for being prepared with full office makup-

and i do a flippy as well when there's someone to have a crush on.

caiociao

Unknown said...

Hello ale! you see, i knew that those extra 5 minutes (ok, more like 10!) at the mirror in the morning would pay off, and they did!

Wish you all the best of luck with your quest!
N :))

Trée said...

Cool blog--keep up the great postings.

Unknown said...

Hi trée! Thanks for posting your comment - it's very nice to receive encouragement from a new reader! I checked out your blogs - very cool too!

Best regards
N

James said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
James said...

hilarious :p