Thursday, January 27, 2005

Catching my breath

Now that things have calmed down a little, I have the time to catch my breath and take stock of…

Of… Of having made it through last week’s madness alive?

Of not giving into the alluring temptation of yelling my head off?

Of not having flown off the handle?

Of something or other.


Well, all this commotion started on a Tuesday. Which is already a very bad thing in itself, as I believe that anything that starts should always start on a Monday. It is clearly most befitting since Monday is the first day of the week.

And don’t give me any rubbish about Sunday being the first day of the week. I don’t work on Sundays.

Sundays were made for you to get a rest before starting another frantic week of work!

And with that, your Honour the defense rests its case! (Said in dramatic, triumphant tone. Obviously)

(PS For those of you wondering – no thankfully I am NOT a lawyer – or any kind of legal professional. I just like legal dramas – vide John Grisham’s novels – sooo much better than the film adaptations!)

Plus, it sounds so much better to say ‘it started on a Monday’ than ‘it started on a Tuesaday’. But anyway…

As I was saying, prior to flying off at that arbitrary and irrelevant tangent, (but hey, it’s my blog and I’ll do as I please!) I was telling you all about how it all began.

It started on a Tuesday.

Man, I HATE the sound of that sentence. Let’s see what we can do about that… (Note the use of the royal we there! He he he! More like the royal wee!)

It was a Tuesday when it all started.

Sounds even worse.

Last Tuesday…

Phew! This creative writing process is just killing me! KILLING ME! How long have I been at this?

GAAAH!

Just glanced at the clock ticking silently in the bottom right-hand corner of my computer!!!

Must go get ready and meet my friend in Sliema in 20 minutes for emergency meeting re the guy she likes. This evening I have to tell her that, well that, he’s just a shy guy.

WAIT!

Just wait one minute! Is he really shy? Or is he playing a wily game of cat and mouse?

I mean how are we supposed to know with these men today?

Oh God! I can’t make up my mind about this one! In addition to cutting corners and fellow motorists off the Regional Road (again!) I am going to have to solve this too!

Re the thing that started last Tuesday – well, erm, think it’s better if I tell you next time I blog. Well let’s be positive and generate a positive karma flow, at least I’m blogging more often!

Must dash now. Byeeeee!

N

No comments: