Sunday, January 14, 2007

Contact

The past couple of weeks have seen me spend lots of time on my computer... and not only work! I've been online for most of my free-waking time.

Am feeling as though am stuck in the tentacles of the web. But at the same time am not exactly an unwilling prisoner. Perhaps some great pschologist will one day come up with a theory for the web along the lines of the Stockholm Syndrome. Meanwhile, I am just going along with the insanity.

This week I have chatted and voice-chatted with friends who are living abroad, I have been tracked down by an ex-boyfriend (or something like that) and made some new virtual 'friends.'

And then I decided to look up some people who I haven't seen in ages. And guess what? I have managed to get in touch with practically all of them! Which means that all the Rebus novels that I've been reading are paying off and am carefully honing in my detective skills! Or it could also mean that am paranoid and the web is just really easy to use!

What I can say with some degree of certainty, is that it's very wiered having a virtual conversation with someone who you used to know very well in reality, but haven't met in ages. Some graves should be undisturbed... whereas other avenues are intiatlly explored on the web... it's all very confusing!

Will go check who's online now... then will check my mail!

Catch you later

1 comment:

Milie said...

Hi Maltagirl,

I've been on your blog and was wondering whether you might consider adding my blog found http://malta.cc/ to your list on homepage. Please do have a look at my regularly updated website and whilst hoping you will find it very interesting, don't hesitate to advice if you need anything from my side.

Awaiting to hear from you,
Best regards,

Emilie