Wednesday, January 10, 2007

New Year and Big Bangs

After a very hectic year (2006) dashing all over Europe on work, various personal tribulations, all that and a bag of chips, I took some well-deserved time off over the festive season.

Plus P was in town.

As was Ed.

Which made for a very full social calendar - which was great. Apart from the fact that between social calendar hysteria, candle making and aromatherapy experiments, i didn't find the time to blog. And no apologies there.

Can you blame me?

And there were Christmas parties, gettogethers, luxurious coffees, endless lie-ins (which I was in desparate need of), and then there was New Year's Eve... Sigh! The year started with a bang... and then music started playing in my ears!

Also managed to do some leisure travelling... to Gozo on the second day of the New Year. (Double sigh, but in a good way!)

However, just to put things into perspective, this was a new year that nearly didn't happen for me!

Seriously....

Sad but true. P and myself (frozen P - due to panic, I should say) had a near death experience. I was driving with P as my passenger, on the Birkirkara bypass on the way to watch Sophia Coppola's Marie Antoinette when the cars travelling on the lane next to mine collided and one of them ended up overturning and skidding towards me! You can imagine the shock of seeing a car travelling towards me at high speed - with no possibility of breaking (since do not imagine that car had breaking facility also on roof, just in case!) Well, fortunately the big bang (with my car) was prevented when the car stopped nigh six inches from the mirror on the driver's side - aka from me!

By the time I pulled my car over to saftey and got back to the scene of the accident, all three passengers of the overturned car were out and unscathed!

Now that was a lucky escape... and something (else!) to celebrate!

All the best for 2007 to all!

No comments: